Puff pastry, pear and pistachio conch are delicious options on many occasions. They can be served at a children’s birthday table, pricked with a popsicle stick. They accompany a tea very well and are special for those moments when the desires for something sweet are unstoppable.
In addition to being rich, these conches are very nutritious. The pear and the pistachio make very good nutritional contributions. Taken together, these shells are very energetic, ideal to combat tiredness and stress.
For the dough:
- 500 grams of flour
- 50 grams of sugar
- 75 grams of butter
- 200 grams of milk
- 1 egg
- 10 grams of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 milliliters of water
For the filling:
- 130 grams of butter. 100 for the filling paste and 30 for painting the dough before rolling
- 3 pears
- 70 grams of pistachios
- 200 grams of liquid caramel
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or vanilla (optional)
How to prepare these delicious puff pastry, pear and pistachio conches:
First the dough
- In a saucepan, mix the milk, butter and water . Bring to the fire until it begins to boil. Then it is removed and allowed to cool.
- When the mixture is at room temperature, the egg is added and it is beaten manually until the preparation is integrated.
- The flour is sieved with the baking powder and gradually incorporated into the mixture alternating with the sugar. Add a pinch of salt.
- The dough is worked with the hands until it is joined. Then, let it rest for a few minutes.
Now the padding:
- Pears are peeled and chopped.
- The pistachios are chopped.
- 100 grams of very soft butter are mixed with sugar and cinnamon. Instead of cinnamon, vanilla can be used.
Assembling the shells:
- The dough is stretched thin in a rectangle about 30 cm wide.
- It is painted with 30 grams of melted butter mixed with sugar and cinnamon.
- On top, there are pears, pistachios and liquid caramel.
- The dough is rolled and pieces 2 cm wide are cut.
- Each conch is placed on a greased tray and goes to a preheated oven at 180º for 20 minutes.
- They are allowed to cool and are ready to savor.
You already have this simple recipe that will surely allow you to show off with family and friends. Ingredients that are readily available and inexpensive turn into spectacular bites.