The Portuguese-style eggs are a tasty dish originating in Portugal which is very easy and inexpensive to prepare. This recipe takes ripe tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, cumin, for flavor and aroma, and of course, beaten eggs. Eggs should be cooked over low heat until they set thus ensuring a smooth and tender texture of the dish. Eggs a la Portuguesa can be consumed for breakfast accompanied with toast bread. It is a dish that provides a lot of energy, ideal to face days of great physical demand.
The egg is a small food, but very rich in nutrients and, above all, in protein . It contributes to the formation of muscle tissue, as well as the functional structure of cells. It also helps with the formation and regeneration of all body tissues. It has high concentrations of vitamin D, which aids in the formation and proper maintenance of bone tissue.
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe red tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon of cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 170 gr. Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Portuguese-style eggs:
- Cut the Parmesan cheese into pieces of 1 × 1 cm. Book.
- In a saucepan, pour enough water and heat over high heat to a boil.
- By boiling the water, add the tomatoes and blanch for 3-4 minutes, until the shell is fractured. Remove, drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Next, peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into 1 × 1 cm pieces.
- In a frying pan, pour the extra virgin olive oil and heat over high heat. Add the chopped tomatoes, add half a tablespoon of cumin, half a tablespoon of sugar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Subtly stir by moving the pan, taking care that the tomatoes do not fall apart. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl beat the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste . Book.
- Add the minced Parmesan cheese to the pan and stir.
- Pour the beaten egg distributed throughout the pan lower the heat to low and allow the egg to set for 5-7 minutes.
- The setting point of the egg will be to the taste of the cook and the diners. It can be more or less curdled.
- Rectify the point of salt.
- Serve hot.
Surprise and please all members of the family, preparing these appetizing Portuguese-style eggs. Serve them for breakfast, accompanied with toast or with the carbohydrate of your choice.