The kitchen is full of classics that, without a doubt, have marked the memory and nutrition of many generations. When it comes to sweet and sour preparations, the combination of pork with apples is an undisputed classic. Here is a simple recipe for apple-stuffed pork medallions which will look gourmet on your table.
In addition to flavor and tradition, we like today’s recipe for its nutritional qualities. On the one hand, we know that we have the good quality proteins from pork. In this case, we will choose the tenderloin for having less fat and calories than other cuts (such as the sirloin, for example).
With pork we also obtain a supply of essential nutrients for the strengthening of our immune system . Together, apple and pork provide us with vitamins A, C, D, K and B complex, in addition to numerous minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and zinc. And let’s not forget that the apple is an optimal source of fiber stimulating digestion and intestinal transit.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1 kg of pork loin
- 1 large green apple (or 2 small ones)
- 100 gr. of dried pitted plums
- 1 glass of white wine (can be sweet)
- 1 glass of chicken or vegetable broth (try to make it homemade, to avoid industrialized cubes full of sodium and additives)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To start our recipe, we wash the apple well, dry and peel it. We remove its seeds and cut it into small pieces.
- In a frying pan, add a tablespoon of butter and bring to medium heat. When the fat melts, add the apple pieces and leave until tender. Next, we turn off the heat and add the chopped pitted plums.
- With a sharp knife, we open the piece of pork loin by means of a longitudinal cut. (That is, we make a single cut in half and lengthwise) Next, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- We choose one end of the open piece to fill with apples and plums . We roll the piece up with a little pressure to accommodate the filling. We tie with a kitchen thread so that it does not fall apart during cooking.
- In a frying pan with olive oil, brown all sides of the roll carefully . When finished, transfer the stuffed tenderloin to an ovenproof dish and add white wine to the pan. We allow it to reduce for about five minutes until it forms a sauce.
- Before baking, we add half the chicken or vegetable broth to the tenderloin dish and cover with aluminum foil . Now yes, we take to medium fire for about 25 minutes.
- We give the whole a point of salt and pepper.
- During cooking, we take a look at the source to see if the broth has completely evaporated. If necessary, add more to to prevent the apple-stuffed loin medallions from drying out .
- When there are about five minutes to finish cooking, we remove the aluminum foil so that the loin is finished browning.
- Done! Before serving, we cut the roll forming stuffed medallions and serve with the reduced wine sauce. (We can heat it previously, so that it is not completely cold when serving.)
What do you think of this recipe? Will you dare to make these apple stuffed pork medallions at home? Don’t forget to share your photos and tips with us in the comments.