Pork chops are a cut of this animal that corresponds to the meat of the front ribs. They have a higher fat content, and this makes them more mellow when consumed. Usually the pork needle is cut into chops, although sometimes it is possible to get a larger piece to roast in the oven. Pork chops in fig sauce s can be made perfectly in a frying pan .
Nutritionally, figs bring a very interesting sweet touch. The fig tree is an ancient tree, so much so that vessels with traces of this fruit have been discovered in Neolithic archaeological sites that high mineral content such as calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper and potassium, and in vitamins, especially K and group B.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 red prickly pears
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 100 ml of meat stock
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to make pork chops in fig sauce:
- Wash the basil leaves. Chop them very small and mix with the tablespoons of olive oil . Book.
- Peel the figs . Book.
- In a large skillet, put the butter and let it melt.
- Add the figs and cook until they are very soft and melt .
- Add the sugar, the vinegar and the meat stock. Cook over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Besides, season the chops, paint them with the basil and oil mixture and cook them on the grill, without adding any oil .
- Try the sauce and rectify with salt if necessary.
- Place the chops and cover with the sauce on each plate.
Serve pork chops hot in fig sauce. You can accompany it with a light salad of arugula and figs seasoned with pink salt and a string of olive oil. This recipe is perfect as a main course or main course. If you want it to be more substantial, accompany it with steamed potatoes or white rice.