The pig is the animal from which almost everything is used. It is one of the most used meats in gastronomies around the world and its firm texture and smooth flavor make it a favorite for millions of people. Lemon pork chops are a delicious way to eat this meat, and it’s a simple and easy recipe to make. Pork is used to make many preparations, from ham to sausages and blood sausage through its great variety of cuts. It is very satiating, which makes it ideal for weight loss diets.
pork provides a high index of nutrients but it must be borne in mind that the amount of fat will depend on the part of the pig we consume (there are areas almost totally lean, but there are others that do contain fat). It also provides us with thiamine, which assimilates carbohydrates, and zinc, which helps prevent cardiovascular diseases, maintains bones and muscles, and prevents anemia. It also contains other minerals, such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium, in addition to proteins of high biological value.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 tablespoons of clarified butter
- 1 onion
- 2 lemons, the juice
- 250 ml of water
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to prepare lemon pork chops:
- If you want the chops to be more tender, crush them with a mallet to break the fibers .
- Seasoning the chops.
- In a frying pan heat the clarified butter over high heat.
- Fry the chops until golden brown on both sides. Book.
- Chop the onion as finely as possible.
- In the same frying pan where the chops were fried, put the onion and cook over medium heat .
- Add a pinch of salt .
- Poach the onion until it is transparent .
- Add the water and the lemon juice . Raise the fire.
- Leave to reduce until the texture is silky .
- Add salt and pepper if necessary and add the chops .
- Lower the heat to minimum again and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve the lemon chops very hot, with a little sauce on top and chopped fresh parsley. Accompany with the garnish of your choice, such as steamed or fried potatoes, duchess potatoes or mashed potatoes, white rice or roasted peppers. We recommend that you cook them a little more over low heat so that they are impregnated with lemon. If you don’t want to use butter, you can substitute it with olive oil.