The pheasant in grape sauce is an excellent alternative for family celebrations . Actually, it is a meat that is widely used in Christmas celebrations. Some people find some parallels to the flavor and texture of turkey . In ancient times, this bird was served at the table of nobles and kings; you could say that this was an aristocratic cut dish and not everyone could access it. It is known that a recipe based on this protein was dedicated to King Alfonso XIII. The good news is that cooking has been known in Spain for many decades.
Pheasant meat is considered a premium protein . Every 100 grams of this food provides 23.75 grams of protein. Its presence of vitamin B6 and the rest of group B stands out, which favors the production of red blood cells, cells and hormones. For this reason, this type of culinary proposal is highly recommended for people who practice strength sports. The best thing is that the contribution of fats and bad cholesterol is low compared to other meats. Next, you will learn how to prepare a traditional pheasant in grape sauce … Read on!
- 2 pheasants
- 1/4 kilo of grapes
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 leek
- ¼ white wine
- 200 grams of cream for cooking
- 100 grams of olive oil
How to prepare pheasant in grape sauce:
- Peel and cut the onions into medium wedges .
- Clean and wash pheasants.
- Cut the pheasants into quarters and salt .
- Heat a deep frying pan with oil and place the pheasant quarts until golden.
- Transfer the pheasants to a saucepan .
- Sauté the onions, the white part of the leek and the garlic in the pan where the pheasants were browned. Cook for a few minutes .
- Add unpeeled and sautéed grapes to the pan mixture .
- Add the onion and grapes in the pot where the pheasants are.
- Add the white wine, thyme, bay leaf and parsley to the casserole . Seasoning.
- Cover all ingredients with water for cooking . Cook until meat is tender.
- Place the pheasants in another saucepan and remove the sauce .
- Crush all the ingredients of the grape sauce until it is liquid.
- Put the cream to cook with the meat, rectify the salt and then add the sauce . Reduce until sauce is the desired thickness.
Later we can place on top of the meat some skinless grapes and some butter. This will be the ideal companion at the time of serving.