This recipe shows that you can prepare a delicious pasta dish, which looks like it was taken from the best Italian restaurant in town, with simple and cheap ingredients. This tinned pasta stuffed with mussels and tuna surprises with its elegance and flavor. We can use shells or some rigatoni to prepare it, they must be large enough to be easily filled. On those days when you have to cook with what’s in the pantry, pasta is always the best option. With basic cans, the mussels are something that is almost never missing and the classic tuna can create an impressive dish.
- 2 onions
- ½ Red pepper
- 1 can of pickled mussels
- 2 cans of tuna in brine
- 150 gr of cheese spread
- Tomato sauce
- Grated cheese
How to prepare a stuffed pasta with mussels and canned tuna
- This recipe is fully customizable we can add only mussels or tuna, depending on our tastes or availability in the pantry.
- We get down to work with the pasta . We cook it to be able to fill it and gratin it more easily. It is important that it has a good size to fill it better.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions we cook it with water and a little salt. When it is ready we drain it and reserve while we continue with the rest of the ingredients.
- We peel the onions and chop them very finely . We are going to put them to sauté in a frying pan with a splash of oil.
- We will use half a red pepper to complete this sauce. We remove the seeds and cut it into pieces as small as possible.
- Add the onion and season to taste . We let them cook for a few minutes until they are tender.
- Place the onion and the pepper in the blender jar . We incorporate the cheese to spread with the vegetables.
- The turn of the protagonists arrives, the mussels and the tuna . Drain the cans well and place the tuna and mussels in the glass with the rest of the ingredients.
- We grind until we get a paste more or less fine, depending on whether we liked finding pieces or not.
- We fill the pasta with care . Being cooked is much simpler, as we have it ready, we prepare it for gratin.
- We put a tomato sauce base and on top the pasta . We crown with grated cheese. We will give it about 5 minutes of gratin before serving it with a little chopped parsley.
- We will have an exquisite low cost pasta that will seem to be taken from one of the best restaurants and talianos in the city.