This Pasta alla Norma Recipe is a typical dish of Sicilian cuisine. Without leaving home we are going to head to one of the best Italian restaurants in the neighborhood, located directly in our living room. When the Bolognese and the carbonara tire, everyone doesn’t like pesto, and there are several packages of pasta in the pantry, we should look for other alternatives. The best thing about this pasta is that it can be considered one of the lightest, it does not have cream, instead we will make a sauce based on tomatoes and aubergines. Dare to try this combination of very Mediterranean flavors.
- 175 gr of pasta
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ onion
- 2 tablespoons ricotta, cottage cheese or cheese spread
- 1 bay leaf
- Olive oil
How to prepare a paste to the Standard
- This pasta recipe is one of the most extraordinary that exists, suitable for vegetarians and meat aside, we can eat a wonderful snack.
- We get to work with the eggplant one of the stars of this sauce. We are going to cut it into pieces of the same size.
- We can give it the shape that we like the most bearing in mind that it will be part of the sauce and that it must be fused with the pasta.
- We put the eggplant in a colander with a little salt to remove excess bitterness. We sprinkle it with a splash of lemon so that it does not rust.
- In a frying pan with a good splash of oil we will fry the aubergine . When it is ready we remove it from the heat and put it on absorbent paper.
- We continue with the onion peel and mash it. We repeat the operation with the garlic cloves, peeled and laminated. We begin to poach them in the same oil in which the eggplant has been cooked.
- While the onion is poached, we peel the tomatoes, cut them into squares so that they form the perfect sauce.
- Add the tomatoes when the onion is tender . Add salt and pepper. In this way we will achieve the creation of an impressive sauce.
- When the tomato sauce is ready we add the eggplant again . La Norma will be prepared, you will only need to give it a creamy touch with cheese, a ricotta, ricotta or, in extreme cases, spread.
- We cook the pasta with water, salt and a bay leaf . We can put the type of pasta that we like the most, it will take more or less to be ready. We drain.
- We serve the pasta with the Norma sauce on top and a little grated Parmesan . We can put some basil and oregano leaves to give it color and flavor.