A good pakora onion recipe is an ideal choice for a little variation . This is a dish typical of oriental cuisine, being prepared mainly in two countries: India and Pakistan. Basically, their concept involves frying vegetables with a coating of chickpea flour . In fact, it is somewhat similar to techniques such as breading or tempering. There is also this version of the food applied to vegetables or even meats. In the case of the onion variant, it is often known among Indians as “Bhaji”. This is a dish from the north of that country; the result is crunchy, which is usually approved by the smallest members of the household.
In practice, onion is more than a positive food for the human organism . Each unit is made up of 89% water and the rest are mostly carbohydrates. It has no fats and its nutritional value is 8 calories per 100 grams. But perhaps the best thing about this natural food is in its healing properties. Onions have diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, digestive, antidiabetic properties and are positive for the cardiovascular system. This ingredient is often used in the kitchen as a side dish, but in this dish they will be the main dish.
- 3 white onions
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 300 grams of chickpea flour
- 3 eggs
How to prepare a onion pakora recipe:
- Clean and remove the stems of the onions. Cut into medium-sized helmets.
- Distribute in each helmet a little garlic and onion powder.
- Add the pepper, salt and oregano in the same way .
- Crack the eggs and add their contents to a plate. Beat well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the chickpea flour into a bowl.
- Pass each onion peel first through the plate of beaten eggs and then through the chickpea flour . Try to cover each unit as best as possible.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan,
- Fry the onions until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
It is important to try to cover the onions completely with the egg and the chickpea flour . Likewise, it is recommended to use enough oil in order to cover each unit completely. It will depend on this that the texture when eating is totally uniform.