Oatmeal and Carrot Pancakes are ideal for those who love fitness . The concept of tortilla and cake is deeply rooted in Spanish culture, which fed a lot on the food elements typical of America during the era of conquest. Today, these concepts have resumed validity in contemporary cuisine. In general, these types of old gastronomic elements are mixed with new, avant-garde and healthy cooking techniques. Good texture and natural foods are combined in fried recipes like this one. The best: both oats and carrots have broad advantages for our body.
One of the foods most consumed by athletes is oats . This is a food high in fiber and low in fat, which is why it contributes to muscle building. Oatmeal optimizes starch digestion and controls blood sugar levels. The carrot is also another great nutrient, providing good doses of vitamin A, potassium and phosphorus. The consumption of this vegetable is quite positive for eyesight and skin care. Together, both natural products are capable of healthy satiation.
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup of hot water
- 3 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- 1 egg
How to prepare oatmeal and carrot pancakes:
- Wash, peel and scratch the carrot .
- Cut the onion into thin sheets
- Cut the garlic into thin pieces .
- Mix the grated carrot with the oatmeal in a bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, and hot water to the carrot mixture . Beat well until you have a homogeneous mass and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with a jet of virgin olive oil and fry the onion and garlic .
- Remove the onion and garlic after two minutes or when they are golden brown, and add the carrot and oatmeal mixture.
- Add a little more oil to the pan .
- Take the mixture with the spoon and place in the pan . The objective is to shape the tortillas.
- Cook each pancake for five minutes on each side, until golden brown.
The trick in this recipe is to make sure the pancakes don’t break during and after cooking. It must be shaped with the front of the spoon so that they are well formed.