Mountain rice, or mountain rice, or with its better known name, casserole rice, is a very traditional preparation that is commonly made with rabbit, ribs pork or chicken. There are many variations, including mountain rice with lamb and sausages . The sofrito varies from house to house, some add bell peppers, others add a few drops of brandy or brandy, and some add vegetables (tender beans or peas) or mushrooms.
Really what makes the ingredients of this exquisite rice vary, is the time of year. In coastal areas it is made with fish or shellfish casserole rice with crawfish, lobster or lobster being well known. For many, still trying a good mountain rice is moving to the maternal home, when that was what was cooked on Sundays.
- 200 grams of rice type bomb
- 400 grams of lamb
- 1 butifarra
- 200 grams of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Parsley to decorate
- 50 grams of foie
- 5 roasted almonds
- 5 roasted hazelnuts
- 100 ml of brandy
How to prepare mountain rice with lamb and sausages:
- Cut the lamb into bite-size pieces . Season with salt and pepper and brown in a pan with oil . Withdraw and reserve.
- Chop the butifarra brown and reserve with the lamb.
- Finely chop the onion and pepper. Chop the mushrooms .
- In a paella pan, add oil and sauté the onion and paprika .
- When they are soft add the peeled and chopped tomato . Add the mushrooms with the bay leaf and some saffron threads . Saute.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Pour a little more than twice as much water as rice .
- Add the lamb and the sausage mix, season and cook over medium-low heat for 16 to 18 minutes.
- When the rice is ready remove the bay leaf .
- For the minced : chop the almonds and toasted hazelnuts, put them in the mortar with some thyme leaves. Crush all .
- In a hot skillet put the foie, pour the brandy and add the mash . Cook until the foie is melted.
- Add to rice and mix.
- Rectify the end point of salt .
- Serve the rice in a deep dish and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Prepare this succulent mountain rice with lamb and sausages to delight the palates of your guests, it will surprise everyone. Accompany with a good red wine.