The Moroccan harcha recipe consists of delicious flattened loaves with round shapes made with wheat semolina. It has a slight sweet flavor that makes them irresistible. In their country of origin each family has its own version of the recipe and they are still eaten hot, at breakfast or snack, accompanied by honey, jams, or with butter and olive oil. Harcha breads are very healthy and satisfying, they look like English pancakes, but thicker. They are ideal to change the morning toasts and start the day with a lot of energy . Plus, they’re made in the blink of an eye.
This Moroccan harcha elaboration is ideal for children and athletes, because it provides the necessary calories that the body needs to perform its functions, without starving. This is because the semolina contains complex carbohydrates . It also provides vitamins of group B and K, which helps blood clotting. It is low in sodium, purines and cholesterol-free, suitable for consumption by people with diabetes, gout or cardiovascular problems.
- 1 cup of fine semolina
- ½ cup of coarse semolina
- 50 gr of melted butter
- 100 ml of warm milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 20 gr of chemical yeast
- Vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
How to prepare the Moroccan harcha recipe :
- In a bowl place the fine semolina.
- Add the sugar, a few drops of vanilla essence the yeast and a pinch of salt. Mix with your hands.
- Add the warm melted butter.
- Using a spoon, mix until the semolina is a consistency of wet sand.
- Pour the milk little by little, as it is being kneaded.
- When the dough feels compact but moist, stop kneading and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle.
- Sprinkle the work table with the thick semolina. Dump the dough there.
- With the help of a roller, shape it into a disc, one centimeter thick.
- With a round cutter, cut portions of dough . Group the remaining dough and repeat until finished. Sprinkle each serving with coarse semolina.
- Cook on a griddle or frying pan over low heat for five minutes, turning the loaves halfway through cooking. They must be toasted.
- Accompany the Moroccan harcha recipe with liquid honey jam or butter.
Start your day preparing the Moroccan harcha recipe for breakfast, sweet, smooth and delicious. Take advantage of all the benefits of wheat semolina with these delicious homemade muffins.