Monkfish and Carabineros paella cannot be missing from the menu of a family meal. Full of sea flavor and very easy to make, it makes up to six servings. This emblematic Spanish dish was born in Valencia. The peasants needed a quick, succulent dish that carried the ingredients on hand. To save time, the paella was eaten from the same frying pan where it was prepared, and thus seemed even richer. Later, the recipe was extended to coastal regions where they incorporated fish and shellfish. Of course, there are thousands of paella variants as each cook prints their own taste. One of the simplest recipes is the one with monkfish and carabinieri.
A serving of paella contains important nutrients to maintain a balanced diet. Rice provides complex carbohydrates that are converted into energy. Fish and shellfish are rich in Omega 3, which helps prevent cardiovascular disease. They are also a source of minerals such as phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, and iron. Paella is a hearty meal, complete and suitable for everyone, it can be prepared at any time of the year and is always appreciated.
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 police officers
- 250 gr of monkfish
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 liter of fish stock
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to prepare monkfish and carabineros paella:
- Cleaning the carabinieri.
- Heat the paella pan with a little oil and brown them very well for five minutes. Book.
- In the same frying pan, add more oil and fry the garlic cut into thin sheets.
- When they are transparent, brown the monkfish clean and cut into pieces.
- Add the grated tomatoes.
- Cook for five minutes. Add the paprika, stir and add the rice. Stir to brown.
- Pour in the hot broth, season to taste and add a few strands of saffron.
- If we have roasted the saffron threads a bit before, the result will be better.
- Cook the whole until it starts to boil. Lower the heat, and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Put the carabinieri inside the rice and continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let it rest for a moment and serve the monkfish and carabinieri paella.
At your next celebration you have to prepare a monkfish and carabineros paella. It is an inexpensive, simple but tasty and high-performance recipe. When you try it, you will want to do it on any occasion.