Mango is one of the fruits that can help fight the symptoms of slow digestions. Due to its contribution of dietary fiber, it improves digestion and facilitates the elimination of wastes retained in the colon. How to prepare mango for constipation?
Although many people turn to synthetic laxatives when they have this problem, natural options such as mango are more recommended. This fruit does not produce unwanted side effects and can be incorporated regularly into the diet.
In addition, it is a good option to give an “extra” energy to the body, since its sugars are slow absorption and do not raise blood glucose . Next we want to share in detail its properties and some recipes to enjoy it.
Benefits of mango for constipation
The mango is a delicious sweet fruit that comes from a tree of the Anacardiaceae family of the genus Mangifera . It is available in different varieties, which may be red, yellow or green. Its shape is rounded and its shell thick and smooth.
Since ancient times it has stood out as a beneficial food for human health, since it is a source of vitamins A, B and C and minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium . In addition, it has an important dose of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
Precisely, fiber contributions are what make it good to combat constipation. This substance, added to its water content, optimizes the functions of the digestive system and helps regulate intestinal peristalsis .
Other benefits of mango for constipation come from its polyphenols, antioxidant substances that help reduce inflammation. Its assimilation in the organism improves the composition of the intestinal microbiota and stimulates the elimination of toxins.
It is also a good complement to strengthen immune functions, since its vitamin C can cover up to 41% of the body’s needs. This nutrient inhibits the effects of free radicals and increases the presence of antibodies .
How to prepare the mango for constipation?
The traditional way to consume mango for constipation is in its natural, raw and mature state. A small unit or ¾ cup chopped is the appropriate portion to obtain this benefit.
However, its properties can be enhanced if we mix it with other ingredients. Although that implies adding a few calories, they are ideal options to treat this problem without having to resort to synthetic laxatives . Try them!
Mango and oatmeal smoothie
By combining the mango with oat flakes we can obtain a liquefied solution rich in dietary fiber, ideal to face constipation. In turn, it is a satiating beverage that controls the anxiety to eat without adding too many calories.
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons oat flakes (30 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey of bees (50 g)
- First, cut the pulp of a ripe mango.
- Pour it in the blender and add the oatmeal and the glass of water.
- Then, process for a few minutes, until you get a homogeneous drink.
- Serve it and sweeten it with the tablespoons of honey.
- Take the smoothie on an empty stomach or as part of breakfast.
- Repeat your intake at least 3 times a week.
Healthy mango mousse
This mousse is a healthy recipe to enjoy the benefits of mango for constipation. It is a good option for children , since it is very attractive and delicious . It can be consumed at breakfast or as a snack.
- 1 sheet of unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 1 glass of low-fat natural yogurt (200 ml)
- First, dissolve the unflavored gelatin in half a cup of boiling water.
- Then, cut the ripe mangoes into several pieces and add them in the blender.
- Add the yogurt and dissolved gelatin, and process a few minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass container and finally put it in the refrigerator.
- When dessert is ready, eat a small portion of your breakfast. If you wish, repeat it when you feel hungry between meals.
Mango smoothie with coconut milk
Another shake with mango for constipation is the one made with coconut milk. Due to its contribution of fatty acids and amino acids , it is an energy drink that also helps improve athletic performance .
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 glass of coconut milk (200 ml)
- Ice cubes (to taste)
- Peel the ripe mangoes and cut them into several pieces.
- Then put them in the glass of the blender and try them with the coconut milk.
- Finally, add ice to taste and serve it.
- Eat the beverage mid-morning, at least 3 times a week.
Do you feel heaviness in your stomach ? Are you having digestive difficulties and constipation? Do not hesitate to take the mango as a remedy to combat it . As you can see, it is very nutritious and can be added in various ways in the diet.