This Lower Calorie Sponge Cake is a healthy option for a traditional dessert. Waking up to the smell of a freshly made cake or getting down to work with a special snack for the whole family are small pleasures of home life. Homemade sweets are generally healthier than shopping. With them we can control the amount of sugar or fat that we add to it. Using a number of basic tricks, cupcakes can be light and delicious without regrets. Take note of this recipe, you can adapt it to the ingredients that you like the most.
- 75 gr of oatmeal or oat flakes
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites
- 1 whole eggs
- 125 gr of sweetener
- Butter to grease the mold
- 1 packet of yeast
How to prepare a light cake with fewer calories
- To make this cake we can use some oat flakes for breakfast . If there is no flour, we crush them with the help of the coffee grinder or the mixer. We put this flour in the bowl as the base of this sweet.
- We add the cocoa powder it is important that it does not have fat. A pure cocoa will come in handy with a sponge cake. Chocolate is always a good ally. If we want to make it lemon we can add a little zest or a yogurt of that skimmed flavor.
- We incorporate the yeast into this solid base. We are going to incorporate it directly and mix. This base will be the one that gives consistency to this dessert.
- For a fluffy light dessert we will use the whites . A total of seven whites, the yolks can be reserved for a Catalan cream or another dish.
- We put the egg whites in a bowl and begin to beat them . When they have doubled in size and are consistent, we will add the two whole eggs while continuing to beat.
- We will have the two masses ready . We continue with the two mixtures. We put the liquid and the solid. We incorporate the flour, chocolate and yeast little by little until they are perfectly integrated.
- We will have a star ingredient, the sweetener . We can use the one we like best as long as it is ready to bake, a Stevia is a good choice.
- We smear the mold with butter so that the dough does not stick and we put the cake in the oven. In about 30 minutes at 180º we will have an incredible dessert ready with hardly any calories, we will only have to try it.