The Lobster and Fruit Salad is a fresh and cold dish with a sea flavor . It is generally served as a starter. The presentation of this salad is very attractive for its range of colors, in addition to its varied flavor. Lobsters can be purchased frozen, already cooked in the supermarket, which makes it easier to prepare the salad. The fruits give contrast and a unique freshness to this dish, making it ideal for consuming on hot days.
The lobster is a crustacean from the sea, rich in nutrients . It contains proteins of high biological value, important for the development of the body’s muscle mass. Its high content of iodine and zinc helps regulate metabolism. Likewise, it strengthens the immune and bone systems.
- 3 cooked lobsters (frozen)
- 1 ripe and firm mango
- 1 green apple
- 200 gr. of arugula
- 100 gr. lettuce
- 1 grenade
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 sprig of fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of salt
How to prepare lobster and fruit salad:
- Thaw lobsters. When thawed, carefully remove the meat and cut it into pieces.
- Although this recipe uses already cooked frozen lobsters, logically the product will be better if it is fresh and we cook it in salted water for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce and arugula with plenty of water. Let drain and dry them very well. Cut them into pieces and set aside.
- Cut the pomegranate and remove the grains . Book.
- Peel the mango and cut it into pieces . Book.
- Peel and cut the apple into pieces . Place it in a container and add the lemon juice to avoid rusting. Let drain and reserve.
- Wash and dry the coriander . Cut it into very small pieces.
- In a bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir until ingredients are mixed.
- Put the lettuce and arugula as a base on a tray.
- Next, distribute over the lettuce and arugula, the mango, the apple and the pomegranate grains . Add the lobster pieces and the chopped coriander. Reserve in the fridge until served.
- When serving, add the vinegar and extra virgin olive oil dressing on top.
Surprise all members of the family with the preparation of this fresh lobster and fruit salad. It is a delicious starter dish that everyone will love.