Legumes are always a safe bet for a balanced diet . Its consumption is often used in the colder months, autumn and winter, cooked in fabadas, cooked, curry, thick soups or creams, to warm the body. But there are also other ways to eat them in warmer times and that do not burden the body, such as this crispy lentil salad . In this way, they become a plate full of nutrients, but with less caloric intake.
This recipe can be made with red lentils, which have no skin and cook very quickly. They have a milder flavor than ordinary ones, but they are also more digestive and provide a large amount of nutrients. In the absence of them, other varieties can be used. Lentils are an important source of high biological value vegetable proteins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium, and vitamin B1 and folic acid. Its content in soluble and insoluble fiber favors a good functioning of the intestinal transit and prevents constipation.
- 150 grams of red lentils or any other
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 ml of lemon juice
- 10 ml of apple cider vinegar
- 2 grains of black pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Ground cumin
- Ground turmeric
- Garlic granules
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make a crispy lentil salad:
- Wash and rinse the lentils well until the water runs clear.
- In a saucepan put the lentils with the bay leaf, the peppercorns and a pinch of salt. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 or 20 minutes ( the lentils should be al dente ).
- Drain and rinse gently.
- Chop the carrots into small pieces. Cut the peppers the same.
- Put the vegetables and lentils in a bowl .
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Add the parsley and spices to taste.
- Mix the olive oil with the apple cider vinegar and the lemon, salt and freshly ground black pepper .
- Add to lentils, mix and rectify salt .
- Let stand in the fridge or serve immediately.
This crispy lentil salad is perfect for a light meal. You can also make a more complete dish and accompany it with white rice or another kind of cereal. You can prepare it with a little more lemon, if you like a more acidic touch, or increase the amount of apple cider vinegar; You can also include some celery stalk, which will give it an extra crisp touch.