This cake for corn flour and lemon looks spectacular and is very easy to cook. We will put aside the traditional wheat flour to give a little more flavor and color to this incredible dessert. corn flour is easier to digest, good quality and serves as a thickener for sauces and also as a base for wonderful sweets. Lemon is one of those classics capable of flavoring any base. If you fancy a sponge cake that has been around for a long time, take note of this one made of cornmeal and lemon, it is vice.
- 250 gr of corn flour
- 250 gr of butter
- 230 gr of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 pastry gasifier or yeast sachet
- The zest of the skin of a lemon
How to prepare a cake of cornmeal and lemon flour
- It is important when cooking a dessert such as a cake, to turn on the oven first. In this way you will be prepared to receive our dessert and it will make the yeast do its best. We set it to 180º .
- We will start preparing it for the eggs. We separate the yolks from the whites . We will beat the egg whites until stiff. To keep them firmer the trick is to put a pinch of salt on it.
- We incorporate two drops of lemon juice to flavor this wonder a little. It is the turn of the sugar we are mixing it while continuing to stir, waiting for it to merge with the whites.
- With the sugar ready, we put the butter at room temperature . This ingredient will give the cake a great creaminess and an impressive finish. We add it before adding the yolks that can already color the dough and the lemon zest.
- We will lack the flour that we are incorporating into the dough . Corn flour is a little denser so it is important not to stop mixing so that we do not have any lumps. We will have the dough almost ready.
- Finally, we put the gasifying envelope or the yeast it depends on the system that we want to use to flavor this delight. We mix well to have a delicious lemon and corn cake dough.
- We grease the mold with a little butter. Pour the dough and bake the cake at 180º for about 45 minutes . We will have ready a different sponge cake, more digestive, perfect for a after-dinner with very special coffee or tea.