The recipe for lemon and coconut biscuits is a basic of every kitchen. A sweet that is easily prepared, but has its secrets. Some good cookies must be cooked in time, letting the dough rest will give it a very special flavor. In the case of lemon, it will make them more intense and delicious. This citrus will look great with coconut the ingredient that will give it a very outstanding sweetness without the need to include so much sugar. If you want to enjoy an impressive combination of ingredients, take note of these lemon and coconut cookies.
- 100 gr grated coconut
- 175 gr butter
- 300 gr wheat flour
- 1 medium can of condensed milk
- 1 egg white
- lemon zest
- 70 gr icing sugar
How to prepare lemon and coconut cookies
- The recipe for these cookies is not very different from traditional butter cookies, but it incorporates some new features.
- We get down to work making the dough. We put the butter at room temperature we are going to merge it with the sifted flour.
- When we have this base, we incorporate condensed milk . This element will substitute sugar for its sweetness and will give cookies a very special texture.
- We put the egg white into the mixture and continue kneading . We will be missing the two main protagonists.
- We wash the lemon well and grate until we get that skin that will flavor the entire mixture. The grated coconut will be added to this ingredient.
- We will have the base ready for some amazing cookies. The dough should not stick to the hands, we make a ball and cover it with plastic wrap.
- The ideal of a good cookie dough is that it rest a little. We can leave it for a couple of hours perfectly, after this time we will shape it.
- We flour a work surface and roll out the dough . We should have a sheet of the same thickness to cook at the same time.
- We cut the cookies according to the shape that we like the most. We can use a cookie cutter, a fun mold or use what we have at home, a simple glass.
- We place the cookies in a baking dish lined with vegetable paper so that the cookies do not stick.
- We bake this delicacy at 180º for about 15 minutes . We will have some incredible cookies ready and the kitchen will smell like a thousand wonders.
- We wait for them to cool down and we put a little grated coconut or sugar on top. With a tea or a coffee they will be impressive.