This lemon and blueberry sponge cake is a healthy dessert that is easily prepared. Introducing fruit in any sweet is always a guarantee of success. In this case, the lemon will give it that citrus touch, perfect to combine with a staple of today’s cuisine, the blueberries . These fruits are here to stay, with a yogurt, they are delicious and in the form of sponge cake they will be incredible. If you want to experiment with healthy cooking, take note of this lemon and blueberry sponge cake, the result is spectacular, fluffy and juicy you will fall in love instantly.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 eggs
- 2 buds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Sugar glass
How to prepare a lemon and blueberry sponge cake
- This recipe begins with a basic step before cooking any cake, turn the oven on 180º . It is important that it is hot to get the yeast to take effect.
- We get down to work preparing two mixes. On the one hand, the solid one, we put the sifted flour in a bowl. We add the sugar and the yeast.
- In another bowl, we begin to beat the eggs it is important that they remain spongy. We add the yolks when it has doubled in size.
- To the liquid mixture in which we have the eggs, we gradually incorporate the melted butter to achieve a perfect base for any cake.
- We put the lemon juice with the eggs and the butter . We will add the zest of the skin and the touch of vanilla. We do not stop beating until these ingredients are perfectly integrated.
- It is time to unite the two mixtures . Gradually incorporate the solid mixture into the liquid. It is important that it stays smooth, so we will not stop beating.
- Finally, we add the floured blueberries so that they are well distributed in this dough. We will almost have the cake.
- We prepare the baking dish . Spread with butter so that the dough does not stick. We can cover it with baking paper.
- Pour the dough and bake at 180º for about 40 minutes. We check that the cake is ready. We wait for it to cool down before we can unmold it.
- We serve with blueberries, a little ice cream or even yogurt on top. On its own, it will also be ideal for a healthy snack or breakfast . We will only have to try it and enjoy it.