This lemon and avocado mousse is very easy to make . The wonderful texture of the avocado prevents other ingredients, such as dairy, from being used to make the mixture full-bodied. In addition, it is a totally vegan and gluten-free alternative suitable for celiacs, vegans and vegetarians. It is a healthy, nutritious, and delicious recipe, and it can be used for breakfast, snacks, or snacks.
The avocado is considered “green gold” for its great properties for the organism . It is consumed practically worldwide. Its pulp is creamy, with a soft and attractive green color and a delicate flavor that combines with many other foods. In Brazil, for example, they consume it with sweet ingredients (something that in other parts of the world is unusual) and they usually prepare it in absolutely delicious meringues. It is rich in vitamins E, C, and provitamin A, and is a source of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, and phosphorous, in addition to healthy monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup almond flour + 3 tablespoons
- ½ cup cashews
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of vanilla
- 5 large ripe strawberries
- The juice of 1 orange and ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 6 dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 15 ml of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
How to prepare the lemon and avocado mousse:
- Macerate the strawberries in the orange juice with the cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar for 2 hours .
- In the processor put the avocado, 1/3 of the almond flour, the cashews, the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar and the vanilla, mix until you get a cream . Reserve.
- In the processor or blender, put the 3 tablespoons of almond flour, the oats, the coconut oil and the tablespoon of cocoa until obtaining a moldable paste.
- Line a mold with the pasta pour the avocado mixture and reserve in the fridge at least an hour before serving .
- To serve, place the macerated strawberries on top.
If you want you can use individual molds, glasses or cups, as you like. The colorful mix of the avocado lemon mousse will look very eye-catching in crystal glasses. This recipe is ideal as a snack between meals, especially in the afternoon, and the contrast of flavors will surprise everyone.
If a more compact texture is desired, the avocado mixture can be added with hot melted gelatin leaves and allowed to cool.