Lamb chops with honey can be an ideal choice for a casual dinner. The contrast of the sweet taste of honey with the lamb chops creates a pleasant sensation on the palate. To make this dish, the chops are first marinated in the honey mixture. After marinate the chops for a couple of hours, they are passed through flour and then cooked in a pan with oil. Here the key to the flavor of the meat lies in the marinade and the time that is dedicated to this process.
Sometimes we don’t have the patience to marinate lamb chops long enough. However, the marinating time is essential to establish the flavors and that the meat is more tender. Lamb chops, like other cuts and types of meat, allow different ways of preparation and ingredients. This recipe is one of the many ways in which you can prepare the lamb . Here are the ingredients for this cutlet dish and how it is prepared.
- 500 g of lamb chops
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Aromatic herbs, those of preference
- 1 cup of flour
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 jet of vinegar
- Lemon juice
- 1 jet of oil
How to prepare some lamb chops with honey:
- Put the chops in a bowl, sprinkle the aromatic herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a container add the lemon juice, vinegar and honey and then mix well.
- Add the above mixture to the lamb chops and spread on all parts of the chop.
- Let the lamb marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or at least half an hour.
- Once the marinade time has elapsed drain the cutlet and reserve the liquid from the mash.
- Pass the chops through the flour, then add oil in a frying pan and fry the lamb.
- Put the chops on absorbent paper to reduce the amount of oil on the outside.
- In the same pan where the lamb chops were cooked add the macerate with the meat juice and reduce it.
- Cover the lamb chops with the previous preparation and serve.
- Serve with a side of potatoes or salad.
If you like to combine or taste dishes that contrast sweet and savory flavors on the same plate, this recipe should be on your to-do list.