This confinement has allowed us to see Michelin-starred chefs sharing their secrets. This is the case of Jordi Cruz with this banana tarte tatin . With your restaurants closed the only way you can cook is to do it in your own home. He is not alone in this task, thousands of people follow his Instagram to learn how a first-class chef cooks. This recipe for tarte tatin banana has been one of the most applauded. It is a simple, fast dessert and it is really spectacular. If you want to enjoy a sweet with Michelin star take note of these steps.
- 200 gr of flour
- 120 gr cold butter
- 40 gr sugar
- 30 of cocoa
- 1 egg
- 5 bananas
- Grated orange and lemon zest
- 250 ml of cream
- 125 gr of sugar
- 50 ml of water
How to prepare a banana tatin tart
- This tatin tart is special starting with the dough. Jordi Cruz has posted it on his Instagram as a way to cook a quick sweet without too many complications, the technique is quite simple and we can modify it a bit to do it our way.
- The dough for this cake is a short crust that is very easy to cook with a surprise inside. We put the sifted flour in a bowl.
- We add to this dough the cold butter contracted into pieces . Mix with the flour and the egg, we will get a first point of texture.
- We add the sugar and cocoa . We knead until we have a soft dough, we can add a little water if it is very dry.
- Let the dough rest before rolling it out with the roller . We will give it shape, we put in a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- We bake at 180º for about 15 minutes . When it is ready we remove the dough, we will have the most complicated part of this ready cake.
- We continue with the caramel we put sugar on the fire, we incorporate two tablespoons of lemon juice. We let you create a very special soft caramel.
- We continue with the bananas peel them and cut into pieces. Add the bananas to the caramel. We will make them look more tender.
- We place the bananas on top of the base that we already have ready . We reserve a little caramel to sauce later.
- We whipped the cream to the point of snow. We put the cream on top of the bananas. We sauce with the caramel that we have left, reduced with a little water to make it softer. We will have a simple restaurant cake ready.