The Imoyokan is a Japanese sweet that is prepared based on sweet potato. The best thing about this recipe is that it consists of only 3 ingredients that merge into an authentic gastronomic masterpiece. The main base is a sweet potato which we can substitute for potato, it is just as good adding a little more sugar. This food will only have two more travel companions, sugar, essential for any dessert and a little flour. We can add some chocolate to give it color, as a little extra. If you are thinking of simple and healthy desserts to go with coffee or tea, take note of this delight.
- 200 gr of sweet potato or potato
- 40 gr of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
How to prepare an Imoyokan or Japanese sweet potato sweet
- This sweet Imoyokan became popular in tea ceremonies between the 15th and 16th centuries . A delicate food with a smooth texture that we can easily create at home. Leaving the cookies aside to get an equally amazing bite will be possible with a few simple steps.
- Sweet potato or potato will be the base of this dessert that will receive from this element its flavor and main color. We peel the sweet potato and soak it for a few minutes, in this way it will eliminate part of its starch.
- We drain the sweet potato in a colander to cook it. We put it in a pot covered with a little water. Over medium heat we will let it cook for about 17 minutes. We check that it is tender.
- With the hot sweet potato, we create the mash that will be the base of our Imoyokan. We put the sweet potato in the strainer. We press until it goes through the same strainer. We will obtain with the help of a fork a simple and delicate mash.
- We add to this base the sugar . We mix well until it is well integrated, with the same heat of the sweet potato it will melt much better.
- Next, we put the sifted flour this way we will not have any lumps. In this simple way, we almost have an Imoyokan.
- We place the dough on plastic wrap paper . We shape it by wrapping it like a candy. We seal the wrapper well so that the filling does not come out.
- This preparation will be put in a steamed pot . We will let it cook for about 15 minutes. After this time we remove the dough wrapped with the plastic wrap from the pot and wait for it to cool down.
- We remove the plastic wrap and cut into pieces of the same size . We can keep it in the fridge and serve it whenever we feel like doing a small homemade tea ceremony.