On the social network Instagram, Noel Argüello has shared the recipe for Japanese chesecake which has been very successful. This version of cheesecake is delicious and we can prepare it in its traditional version or in the healthy version, which does not contain gluten.
This Cheesecake recipe yields 6 servings with about 410 calories each. It provides approximately 11 grams of protein, 35 grams of carbohydrates and 24 grams of fat.
- ¾ cups flour
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 50 grams of butter
- 250 grams of cream cheese
- 20 grams of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Sift together the flour and cornstarch.
- Place the milk, butter and cheese in a saucepan. Heat in a water bath and then let it cool down.
- In a separate container beat the egg yolks, lemon juice, vanilla and grated lemon peel .
- Add the flour and cornstarch to the cheese mixture.
- Add the yolks and beat for a few minutes, avoiding lumps.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and beat until stiff.
- Once it is ready, add the sugar in the form of rain and the pinch of salt.
- Continue beating until the whites harden and peaks form in the meringue.
- Little by little, incorporates the buds .
- Pour into a baking dish floured and buttered.
- Bake in a water bath for 1 hour and let cool in the oven.
- Unmold when it is completely cold.
- If desired, decorate the chesecake with icing sugar.
Gluten-free Japanese Chesecake
- 80 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 200 milliliters of skim milk
- 200 grams of skim cheese spread
- 1/2 lemon
- Lemon zest
- Grated coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
- In a bowl, combine skim milk with cheese, lemon juice and yolks.
- Place the mixture in a strainer and
- Add the lemon zest and beat slowly without bubbles.
- Sift the cornstarch over the mixture and stir.
- Besides, beat the egg whites to snow and add the sugar little by little.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and greased with vegetable spray.
- Bake in a water bath 40 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 140 ° C and bake another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven when the surface browns and allow it to cool inside.
- When it gets cold,
- If you wish, you can sprinkle grated coconut on top.
Prepare the traditional recipe for Japanese chesecake or its gluten-free version and leave your comment. Share this delight on your social networks. This is a perfect recipe to feast on during quarantine.