The Hindu lentil dal has great nutritional contributions, and is also a different alternative to eat legumes. It is a traditional recipe from India, which breaks with the schemes of Western cuisine. The dish is mostly exotic due to the also Indian spices that are used in its preparation. Turmeric and garam masala are among the elements that give the touch to this oriental gastronomic proposal. It stands out for its high protein and energy content, in addition to its versatility when it comes to placing an aperitif or garnish. It is also more than proven that lentils have a set of benefits for their consumers.
Lentils contain low impact proteins, are very interesting from the point of view of their nutrients. They are very rich in important minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium and phosphorous. The best thing is that this is a food that satisfies, so it is usually allowed in certain dietary regimes. With this legume you can make a wide variety of dishes. Next, we will teach you this Hindu recipe so that from time to time you prepare it at home … Pay attention!
- 150 grams of yellow lentils or Channa dal
- 100 grams of onion
- 1 tomato
- 15 grams of garlic paste
- 15 grams of fresh ginger
- 10 grams of sweet paprika
- 10 grams of turmeric
- 10 grams of cumin powder
- 10 grams of coriander
- 5 grams of garam masala
- Sesame oil
- Yogurt without sugar (for plating)
How to prepare a Indian lentil dal of lentils:
- Wash the lentils in a drainer under the tap and soak for one hour . Drain after the soaking time.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water .
- Fill a large pot with enough water and boil. Place the lentils and cook for 20 minutes, checking that they are soft.
- Remove and drain the lentils leaving the water in which they were cooked in the pot.
- Brown the onions in a pan with a little oil.
- Add ginger, paprika, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and paprika to the pan . Add a little salt and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the lentils and 200 milliliters of the cooking broth to the pan. Cook for five minutes .
- Rectify the salt end point.
- Serve hot and add a little unsweetened Greek yogurt.
This recipe can be accompanied with any garnish, but Indian bread is the most recommended option.