One of the typical desserts of this Father’s Day is the crema de San José . Very typical in some areas of Spain, preparing it is a small pleasure that will bring us a spoon dessert that is never forgotten. Its texture and flavor will remind us of Catalan cream or French cremé brûlèe. Cooking this dessert is a way to go back to those sweets that only needed milk, eggs starch and vanilla or lemon to stand out. If you want to enjoy an incredible cream from San José, take note of these simple steps.
- 1 l of milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cinnamon stick
- The skin of a lemon
- 200 gr of sugar
- 40 gr of cornstarch
Recipe for San Jose cream
- The first step for this simple dessert is to find all the necessary ingredients in our kitchen. They are basic elements that we must always have ready for action. We can use any type of milk skimmed or even vegetable.
- We put the milk to heat all but one glass. We are going to flavor it with the cinnamon stick and a little lemon peel. It is important that it is very clean and that we only keep the yellow part, the white part could make that sweet bitter.
- While the milk is heating we are going to separate the yolks from the whites . The whites can be used to make a homemade meringue or an omelette full of protein, for this dessert they will not be useful to us.
- We are going to beat the yolks with the sugar. We will use the electric rods to get a much more forceful and delicious cream. When it is doubled in size and pale in color, we stop stirring.
- It will be time to put the cornstarch with the glass of milk that we have reserved. We dispose of cornstarch safely, we will avoid lumps.
- With the hot and flavored milk, we will continue. Strain it and add the cornstarch . Stir well until it starts to gain consistency.
- At that time we will go gradually incorporate the yolks with the sugar. We are interested in having a delicious and compact cream. The texture of this cream is truly amazing.
- The cream of San José will be ready when acquires a suitable consistency . At that time we put it in individual glasses so that it finishes curdling.
- We can serve it with a little burned sugar or cream . We will have one of the most desired desserts of this day ready, a sweet tradition that we cannot lose.