Oats, or also known by the scientific name of Avena sativa, is one of the most popular cereals in the world, since it has a richness in different healthy nutrients, among them: fiber, proteins, and some vitamins. This cereal can be enjoyed in different ways, either as bran, in flakes or in the form of a beverage. The latter, also called oatmeal water, is not only an excellent food product, but it is also used externally, both in our face and in other parts of our body, due to its excellent properties for the skin.
Nutritional composition of oatmeal water
Oatmeal, also known as oat milk, is a beverage that is obtained through the cooking of bran or flakes of this popular cereal. The drink made with this natural product is very beneficial both as a facial cosmetic and for health in general due to its following nutritional composition:
- Oatmeal water has a high protein content. In fact, this cereal is one of the richest in this nutrient.
- It is low in fat and rich in complex carbohydrates or slow assimilation. It is also a cereal that has a high content of soluble fiber.
- Oatmeal Contains a good amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids , including omega 3 and 6.
- This vegetable drink is rich in some vitamins, especially those of group B, where its content in thiamine and folic acid stands out. It also has a considerable amount of vitamin D and E.
- Finally, it is a product rich in minerals, among them: calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, and iron.
Benefits of oatmeal for the face
Thanks to its richness in different healthy nutrients, oatmeal water is a great natural remedy for our face due to the following properties and benefits for the skin:
- Combat acne: oatmeal water contains astringent properties that will help reduce various skin conditions such as acne and blackheads.
- Reduces excess fat: the astringent properties mentioned above also manage to eliminate and prevent sebum levels in the skin.
- It is a natural moisturizer: its richness in fatty acids and soluble fiber gives oatmeal water excellent moisturizing properties that will help us maintain a smooth and healthy face.
- Homemade makeup fixative: the oatmeal water ensures that the facial makeup remains intact and endures a few extra hours thanks to its moisturizing properties.
- It eliminates the impurities of our skin: this vegetable drink also has exfoliating and cleansing properties that reduce the dead cells that end up accumulated in the skin of our face. As a result, we obtain a much more luminous and radiant face.
- Ideal for sensitive skin: the oat drink contains soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that make it a good home remedy for those skins more sensitive and skin problems such as redness, eczema and/or dryness.
How to make oatmeal water for the face
Now that you know the different properties of oatmeal water for the face. We can now make this natural beverage so beneficial at home. To make oatmeal water, you will only need the following ingredients:
- 3 liters of water
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 1 glass container or bottle to store the drink
Preparation and treatment
- The first step will be to fill a cup with the oat flakes needed to create our homemade drink.
- Then we will add the oat flakes from the glass to a blender together with the water necessary to cover the cereals. The rest of the water you will have to keep it since we will use it later.
- When you have the oats ground and crushed, add it in a pot along with the rest of the liters of water that you have left over. When you have added both ingredients, you will have to let it simmer until it starts to boil.
- Once the mixture has reached its boiling point you will have to leave it in the fire for 5 minutes more approximately. When the time has passed, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Now that the contents of the pot are cold, you can add it in a glass bottle with the help of a sieve to remove the remains of the cereals. You will have ready the oatmeal water to apply on your face whenever you want.
- To use oatmeal water on your face, you must first make sure you have a clean face of makeup and other debris, and then apply it with the help of a cotton disc all over your face.
- Once you have applied the home remedy, massage your face with your fingers making circular movements to activate blood circulation and notice better results in your skin. You should not rinse the mixture from the face.
To notice results, it is necessary that you apply oatmeal water on the face between 3 and 4 times a week. In this way, you will achieve a smooth, hydrated and radiant face. You may also be interested in this other article on How to Make Facial Oatmeal Masks.
If you want to read more articles like How to make oatmeal water for the face – easy and fast, we recommend you to enter our Time Topics Home Page.