Honey glazed onions is a little-known but charming dish . Icing is a cooking technique by which we cover food with shiny coatings. These are generally sweet, although you can also glaze vegetables and meats like fish. Glazes are usually made with a base of egg whites or icing sugar. However, there are other elements with which this coating can be achieved, such as some fruits and honey . This concept provides texture, diversity in flavor and showiness. Although it seems complicated at first glance, its elaboration is quite simple. The best thing about this recipe is that two really healthy natural foods are used: onion and honey.
In reality, both honey and onion are known for their anti-inflammatory properties . Both of these natural products are positive for treating airway problems such as a throat infection. The prized product of bees is antibacterial, antioxidant, moisturizing and promotes efficient digestion. This food is also known to have revitalizing properties, useful for people with extreme tiredness. Without a doubt, one of the best natural sweeteners providing a better nutritional value than stevia . Basically, in this preparation two food elements are mixed with great benefits for the human body. Then, you can learn to cook this excellent accompaniment for any time of the day … Pay attention!
- 10 onions
- 100 grams of honey
- 30 grams of butter
How To Prepare Honey Glazed Onions:
- Wash and peel the onions.
- Cut each onion in half horizontally.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Prepare a baking sheet and cover with butter. It is important to use a quality butter, because that will condition the result.
- Place the onions in the dish with the cut side up.
- Season the onions to taste.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to each of the onions that rest in the bowl. You don’t have to overdo it with excess honey.
- Add a little butter on top of the honey of each half of onion.
- Bake the onions for approximately 30 minutes.
- Take out and let stand only for five minutes.
This proposal constitutes an excellent accompaniment for different culinary proposals. These onions usually combine very well with various preparations of beef and even chicken. Due to their texture, they can be placed inside a hamburger or served on a barbecue.