Homemade oatmeal, seeds and nuts granola is a complete, nutritious and highly energetic food which provides the body with what it needs to start the day. It is a mixture invented in 1863 by the American doctor James Caleb Jackson, who called it “granule”. When doing sports, a powerful and adequate breakfast results, because it is very high in calories provides a lot of energy and is recommended in bodybuilding diets.
But this recipe not only serves as a snack or breakfast it is also appropriate to take on excursions because it is light, easy to store and recovers lost strength. It is a healthier food, although it may be hyper caloric. No refined sugars or hydrogenated oils are added to it, and the quantity of fiber, vitamins, vegetable proteins of high biological value and minerals is high.
- 350 grams of rolled oats
- 70 grams of grated dry coconut
- 50 grams of chia seeds
- 50 grams of quinoa seeds
- 50 grams of sunflower seeds
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 50 grams of sesame seeds
- 50 grams of flaxseed
- 50 grams of raisins
- 100 grams of walnuts
- 100 grams of peanut
- 100 grams of cashews
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of natural orange juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
How to prepare homemade granola from oats, seeds and nuts:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, minus the nuts; integrate well.
- Add honey, but one tablespoon at a time . Spread it out so that it does not stay in one place. Mix well and distribute it evenly.
- Add the coconut oil and do the same .
- Add the orange juice and mix everything very well.
- Preheat the oven to 130 ° C.
- In a flat oven dish, spread the mixture, remaining in a single layer .
- Take to the oven and cook for 30 minutes over low heat . When everything is golden, remove the pan from the oven.
- Put the dried fruits on top distribute them.
- Press the preparation with a wooden spoon so that the clusters are made.
- Bake again at the same temperature for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and allow the granola to cool .
After making this homemade granola, transfer it to an airtight jar. If you want your homemade oatmeal, seeds and nuts granola not to burn, you should check it every 10 minutes. If your oven is very powerful, the time will be less.