Healthy Salmon Recipe and avocado skewers with pesto have little to envy to those of beef or chicken . This type of food presentation may have started in France and spread throughout the rest of Europe. Currently, it is known that there are modalities of skewers in Asia, America and Africa. But the name of this preparation is of French origin. Skewers are a popular item in the street kitchen of the countries, being synonymous with low-cost proteins. However, there are slightly more elaborate preparations, depending on the seasonings and accompaniments used in the recipe.
Avocado is a high quality food product for the organism . This fruit is an excellent source of healthy fatty acids, which is why it favors metabolic processes. Its consumption is good for the cardiovascular system, the nervous system and even for our skin and eyesight. The latter is due to its high content of vitamin E. In fact, the potential of this natural food is quite remarkable and it is also the ideal accompaniment to give an exotic flavor to these skewers … Continue reading!
- 1 kilo of salmon loin
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup of basil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Olive oil
How to prepare avocado skewers with salmon and pesto:
- Clean the tomatoes and cut each one in half .
- Cut the loin of salmon into medium pieces and of considerable thickness.
- Remove the pulp from the avocado and place in a food processor .
- Add the basil, pumpkin seeds, garlic clove and lemon juice to the processor.
- Add water little by little until the mixture has a slightly pasty consistency .
- Correct the salt and lemon in the avocado pesto.
- Place the pesto in a bowl of a certain depth .
- Marinate the salmon pieces in the pesto and put in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Assemble the skewers placing the salmon and tomato respectively until the rods are filled .
- Heat the griddle or grill and add olive oil. Cook for approximately 15 minutes until the salmon is golden brown .
Another option is to cook the skewers using the oven . To do this, it must be preheated to 200 degrees Celsius and cook the marine meat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Skewers of salmon and avocado with pesto could be made even without olive oil. Let’s remember that this fruit is oily and depending on the cooking method it could work … Take the test!