Doctors and nutritionists advise including fish in the diet. At least once a week, everyone should eat a fish dish . Why choose snapper? Although this recipe we see includes snapper, it can be made with any other type of fish.
The snapper is a blue fish in saltwater. This type of fish is very rich in omega 3 fatty acids, essential to prevent cardiovascular disease. It also provides vitamins D and E, and various minerals, such as magnesium, iron, potassium and selenium. In addition, it reduces bad cholesterol. Reasons to integrate it into the family diet.
- 750 grams of snapper
- 1 kilo of potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 250 grams of tomato
- 250 grams of peas
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 600 milliliters of water (for the broth)
- Laurel and aromatic herbs (for the broth)
- 1 glass of white wine
- Saffron (optional)
How to Prepare This Red Snapper Recipes
- If you are working with a whole raw fish, you will have to clean it. It opens, cuts off the head and flakes it. The head is boiled with 600 milliliters of water, a little salt, bay leaf and herbs to obtain the broth to be used in cooking
- The fish is seasoned .
- Chop the onion in julienne strips, the minced garlic, the bell pepper cut into 1 cm pieces and the carrot sliced.
- In a saucepan, pour the oil and when it is hot add all the vegetables . They are left to cook for a few minutes.
- The tomato is peeled, cut into slices and incorporated into the preparation of the vegetables.
- The potatoes are peeled and cut into very thin slices . They are also added to the casserole along with the peas.
- Everything is bathed with the broth, the paprika is incorporated and it is allowed to cook for about 10 minutes with the pot covered.
- It is time to incorporate the wine and snapper cut into pieces the size of a portion .
- A few strands of saffron are added.
- It must be cooked over low heat . After about 15 minutes it is tested to rectify the salt and to check that everything is cooked.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
You already have the recipe to prepare this fish rich and well balanced in nutrients. Fish cooks very quickly, and vegetables do too. Therefore, you do not need too much time to achieve this.