This Greek battered chicken is one of the simplest and most delicious recipes out there. We can prepare it as an incredible starter or snack, or make it the protagonist of a dish completed with some fried potatoes. The secret of this chicken will be in a marinade that can be prepared an hour in advance or from the night before. The more the chicken mixes with the flavors of the yogurt, garlic and lemon, the better off it will be. If you are a fan of chicken and you are looking for recipes for the whole family, take note of this Greek batter it is incredible.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 natural yogurts without sugar
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A lemon
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- A pinch of cumin powder
How to prepare a Greek battered chicken
- We prepare this delight with a little time in advance. We will use some chicken breasts but we can use any part of this animal that we have in the fridge, a thigh or some wings will look great.
- We wash the breasts we remove any skin that they have. We put the whole or chopped breasts, depending on how we want to present the dish in a platter.
- We prepare the marinade . In a bowl we put the two natural yogurts, we add the juice of one lemon.
- To intensify the flavors, we peel the garlic cloves chop them and add them to the marinade. Mix well and pour over the breasts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge . We will leave it to marinate for at least an hour, the ideal is to leave it for a whole night so that it is well impregnated with all the flavors.
- After mashing we can prepare the batter . We beat the eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. We add a little ginger, oregano and cumin to give it a little more intensity.
- We put the breadcrumbs on a plate . We will have the two ingredients of the batter ready, we only need to have the oil ready. In a frying pan we place a good quantity and let it cool down.
- It is important that the oil is very hot to achieve an ideal coating. Drain the chicken from the marinade and coat it with the egg and breadcrumbs.
- We fry the chicken over intense heat it will take a few minutes on each side to be perfect. When it is golden we place it on absorbent paper, this way it will eliminate the excess oil.
- We serve with a little tomato sauce or mayonnaise we can accompany it with some fried potatoes to fully enjoy this wonder.