Sorbets and smoothies are ideal drinks for the warm days of the spring-summer season. In addition to being very easy to prepare, they are incredibly versatile, since we can invent a wide variety of combinations with fruits, vegetables and herbs. Next, we propose to learn how to make an exquisite grape, mint and lemon sorbet . Keep reading and discover our recipe! We chose to mix these three ingredients in a homemade sorbet first of all, to enhance the benefits they offer to our health.
In a single drink, we were able to combine resveratrol from grapes and vitamin from lemon two powerful natural antioxidants. And we still add the antibacterial, digestive and analgesic properties of peppermint. All this without mentioning the incredible refreshing texture of this grape, mint and lemon sorbet. Not only resolved very pleasant on the palate, but also helps us maintain optimal hydration
- 1 lemon
- A handful of grapes (about 6 or 7 units)
- 1 sprig of peppermint
- 6 tablespoons of sugar (you can use sweetener, if you prefer)
- 2 egg whites (optional – exclude if you want to make a vegan sorbet)
- Crushed ice
- Before we start making grape, mint and lemon sorbet, we make sure we have all the ingredients ready. First, we wash the fruits and herbs well and then we remove the seeds from the grapes.
- To start, prepare an infusion with water, sugar and sprig of peppermint . In a saucepan with a lid, let infusions for about 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let stand. When it reaches room temperature, strain and reserve the infusion.
- The next step will be squeeze the lemon to get its juice and then strain it so that it is free of seeds.
- Now, we mix in the blender or with the hand mixer the infusion of sweetened peppermint the lemon juice and the seedless grapes. When finished, we strain once more the preparation to remove any solid residue.
- In a separate bowl, we mount the whites until we reach the snow point very firm. If you want to make a vegan grape, mint and lemon sorbet, simply avoid the eggs in the recipe.
- With smooth and enveloping movements we mix the whites in snow with the rest of the preparation. Softness is necessary at this point so as not to lose the airy texture that the clear mountains will bring to the sorbet.
- Finally, add the crushed ice to taste and mix well again.
Done! You can now serve your grape, mint and lemon sorbet in the glasses you prefer. And if you want to end it with a good decoration, just add a fresh mint leaf on the preparation.