Salads are always excellent alternatives as entrees or side dishes for meats. But we must remember that occasionally we get tired of eating the very same salads of green leaves. To innovate your menus a little, we suggest this delicious carrot and grape salad. Would you dare to try it? In this recipe we choose to add Dutch cucumber cut into thin strips, whole cherries tomatoes and iceberg lettuce cut with the hands in a rustic way. But you can vary these ingredients to your liking. Also, if you can't find fresh grapes, you can simply replace them with raisins.
In addition to a sweet and sour flavor this dish is incredibly nutritious. With just a couple of ingredients, we ensure a good dose of vitamins, minerals and natural antioxidants . Not to mention the contribution of liquids that this grape and carrot salad incorporates into our diet. And it is that both foods contain water inside, helping us to refresh ourselves and maintain optimal hydration.
Grape and Carrot Salad Recipe
- 2 Carrots
- 12 grapes
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- Pinch of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dutch cucumber, cherry tomatoes and iceberg lettuce (optional)
- Before we start preparing the carrot and grape salad, we make sure that all the ingredients are ready. First, we wash fresh food well and remove the seeds from the grapes.
- Next, we cut the carrot into julienne strips and blanch it in boiling water . Then we drain it and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, we take a pan and put in it to melt the butter . Next, we add the grapes and caramelize them over medium heat.
- When the grapes are caramelized, we also add the carrot, ginger, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. We mix everything very well and carefully so as not to allow the species or the carrot to burn.
- Quickly, we put out the fire and wait for the preparation to reach room temperature.
- If we don't like grapes and carrots to have a slightly cooked touch, we can always mix both ingredients with a good dressing, even with a little diced goat cheese.
Done! You have already prepared the base of your carrot and grape salad. Now, you can choose how you prefer to serve and consume it. Logically you can eat it as it is, and it will surely taste delicious. The important thing is to let creativity open wings in the kitchen and discover new flavors and textures.