A good plate of Grandma’s tripe can be that magic recipe that will lift our spirits these days. The weather is not good and you need a good dose of energy to enjoy a few days with your spirits up. The tripe are easy to prepare and have that special flavor that makes us want to dip bread. A little of blood sausage and chorizo are indispensable, as well as a few minutes over low heat so that they are incredible. If you want to remember those traditional flavors of a lifetime, take note of this simple and delicious recipe for grandma’s tripe.
- 3 kg of corns
- 30 balls of black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 small onion
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika coffee
- ½ glass of olive oil
- 4 chilli peppers
- 1 chorizo
- 1 black pudding
How to prepare grandma’s tripe
- Good quality corns will make a difference . Buying them from a reputable butcher should be a must. This ingredient has some enemies when knowing the part of which it is made, but its flavor is worth it.
- The important thing about corns is that are very clean . We wash them at home with plenty of cold water. We drain the corns and leave them very dry.
- We continue with the onion . We will peel it and cut it into pieces of the same size. It is enough to divide it into 4 large pieces, we are interested that it contributes its sweet flavor to the cooking of corns.
- We can use an express or conventional pot . We put the corns in the pot, we are going to put the onion cut into pieces, the garlic, the salt and the wine.
- We cover everything with water and cook for one hour. After about 50 minutes we put olive oil in a frying pan add the paprika and mix outside the fire so that it does not burn.
- Strain the corns, cover with the paprika oil add a little water and the right chilli. This ingredient will give it the spicy touch and should be administered in moderation so that we have a perfect recipe.
- The last ingredients to go into action are the blood sausage and chorizo that will take the last 5 minutes of cooking to be perfect.
- We will only have to put out the fire and place them in a source. It is important to have enough bread to enjoy them to the fullest.