This gluten-free potato and lemon sponge cake is one of the great bets of this confinement. For celiacs finding a recipe without special flours, which are worth their price in gold, is essential. Potato desserts are a good option that can be the same or better than with a traditional flour. If we add the lemon zest and a little almond flour we will have everything necessary to succeed. Dare to try a hearty sponge cake, easy to prepare, digestive and delicious, with gluten-free potato and lemon.
- 300 gr of potato
- 3 eggs
- 220 gr of sugar
- 150 gr of ground almonds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Sugar glass
How to prepare a gluten-free potato and lemon cake
- The main base of this recipe is a soft potato puree . We are going to achieve this by peeling the potatoes and cutting them into pieces.
- We cook the potato with water for about 20 minutes. When it is ready we drain it and crush it. We can beat it a little to make it more fluffy.
- We will give the necessary sweetness to this dessert with the sugar . We incorporate it when the potato is still hot so that it melts perfectly.
- We will get a good base that we will flavor quickly. We wash the lemons and grate their skin . We will put this delight in the mix.
- We incorporate the almond flour or ground almonds . This base is very similar to panellets or Santiago tart, it has a similar texture for being a little dense.
- We will lighten the finish with the egg. We separate the yolks from the whites . We add the yolks to the mixture when it is cold.
- The buds will give color and joy to this cake full of good properties. We can reserve this base in the fridge while we beat the whites, this way it will get more flavor.
- We beat the whites until stiff . This step is important so that we have a sponge cake.
- We incorporate the egg whites until stiff to the dough with enveloping movements. It is important that we have a light and soft dough.
- We line a baking dish with vegetable paper so that the dough does not stick. Pour the dough and prepare the oven.
- At 180º it will take about 45 minutes to be perfect. We check that the egg has curdled and remove from the oven.
- We wait for it to cool down to remove it from the mold. Decorate with a little icing sugar and a few slices of caramelized lemon. We will have an elegant and healthy sponge cake ready to prepare.