We are reaching those dates of the year in which sweets with their own names are prepared, such as this Galician egg braid for Easter . This traditional dessert is given to godchildren so they can enjoy it on a family outing. A celebration that takes place year after year with the idea of creating a dough similar to buns or brioches . The best thing about this dough is that it is perfect for any occasion, for this braid or for a chocolate-filled bun for breakfast or snack. Dare to prepare a spectacular Galician egg braid for Easter.
For the preferment
- 120 gr of strength flour
- 90 ml of whole milk
- 10 gr of fresh baker’s yeast
- All the preferment
- 600 gr of flour of force
- 10 g of fresh baker’s yeast
- 200 ml of whole milk
- 30 gr of anise
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 150 gr of sugar
- Zest of an orange
- 100 gr of butter
- 1 beaten egg
- Sugar glass
How to prepare a Galician egg braid for Easter
- This recipe needs time to be perfect . We will start with the preferment. We heat the milk, it must be warm, but not too hot, we dissolve the yeast in it.
- We mix the milk with the yeast and the flour . We will get a dough that will be the base of this braid. We let it sit for a minimum of 6 hours. Ideally, prepare it the night before.
- We continue the next day. We beat the eggs with the sugar until we get a kind of sauce that has doubled in size.
- Add the anise and the zest of the orange to add flavor. It will also be the turn of the butter. We beat these ingredients.
- We heat the milk again and add the yeast so that it dissolves. We mix the flour and add it to the liquid ingredients.
- We will have a second mass that will be the main one and will be attached to the preferment. In this way we will create a spongy and soft base ideal for this type of dessert. We let it sit for a couple of hours.
- Knead until the dough is ready on a floured surface . With our hands we create three cylinders. We unite and braid them.
- We place the braid in a greased baking dish or lined with baking paper. We paint with the beaten egg and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- We bake the braid for about 35 minutes at 180º . When it is ready we remove from the oven and decorate with the icing sugar or a little chocolate. We will have a homemade dessert ready that impresses.