These Eggplant and Cheese Meatballs with Tomatoes are the perfect vegetarian tapa. Without any meat and with an ideal base based on vegetables we will be able to take care of ourselves and enjoy ourselves. Eggplant is one of the lowest fat vegetables there is a perfect staple that can make a perfect bottom for any cover. The breadcrumbs and the egg will give you the consistency that this mouthful full of good sensations needs. To accompany these delicious vegetarian meatballs we will make a simple tomato sauce full of color and joy. Take note of a simple, delicious recipe, ready in 15 minutes.
- 2 aubergines
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 60 gr grated cheese
- 100 ml tomato sauce
- 150 ml oil
How to prepare aubergine and cheese meatballs with tomato
- We can have these aubergine dumplings always ready in the freezer or cook on the spot to enjoy an ideal vegetarian tapa. A way to take care of ourselves during these spring days, but also to enjoy ourselves.
- We get down to business with aubergines the perfect raw material for these meatballs. We are going to wash them well, dry them and spread them with a good splash of olive oil. We are going to roast these aubergines in the oven at 180º.
- It will take about 20 minutes to be perfect . We wait for them to cool down to peel them and keep their pula that will be in charge of giving us that characteristic flavor that exquisite vegetarian meatballs offer us.
- To give flavor to this meatball pulp that we have ready, we put the two cloves of garlic peeled and cut very finely.
- We continue with this vegetarian mass adding the grated cheese . In this way we will achieve an almost perfect base.
- Season to taste and add a little color with the chopped parsley . We will have the meatballs ready for action.
- We add the egg and breadcrumbs to coat them . In a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil, cook the meatballs.
- When they are ready, we remove them and drain. While we are going to make a tomato sauce homemade if we don’t have time, we simply heat up a few tablespoons of this sauce.
- Making tomato sauce at home is easy. We peel and cut two tomatoes we remove the seeds. In a frying pan with oil, fry the tomatoes. We rectify its acidity with a little sugar, season to taste.
- With the prepared sauce we incorporate the meatballs . We serve with a little bread and a very cold beer to enjoy a homemade vegetarian tapas that makes history.