Have you tried the egg hair mask yet? This natural masks can help you have healthy and beautiful hair.
If we were to name one of the main ingredients of the most effective home beauty treatments, without a doubt, the egg would top the charts. Today we will talk in particular about egg masks for hair and we will tell you which options are best for you to try.
Properties of the egg hair mask
The hair treatments that include egg yolk have been around for years. This element serves to strengthen the strands, make it healthier and brighter, give it softness and prevent it from breaking or falling.
If you want your hair to look healthy, strong and silky, do not hesitate to include eggs in your treatments. You will get hydration, conditioning, and care with simple masks.
You can simply use a beaten egg in your hair and still get good results! The yolk contains proteins and fats that serve to moisturize naturally, while the white provides enzymes and removes excess oiliness (perfect those who have oily hair ).
In any case, you should leave 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. Then, wash with shampoo and conditioner as usual.
In this article, we will present our selection of egg masks so you get strong and healthy hair!
Recipes of egg hair masks
Let’s look at some recipes for homemade masks with eggs as the main ingredient, which will help you to have healthy and beautiful hair.
The other components are also very easy to obtain and we are sure that you will have them in your kitchen.
1. Egg yolk, oil, and honey mask
Both the egg and olive oil revitalize the hair and add shine. In turn, they allow the hair to be softer and can be handled at any time of the day. It is as if the threads are resurrected by magic!
- 1 egg yolk (or 2 if you have very long hair)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (42 g)
- 3 tablespoons honey (75 g)
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Finally, add the honey and integrate everything so that it is a homogeneous paste.
- Apply to dry hair and give circular massages on the scalp.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and remove with plenty of warm water.
2. Egg mask and vegetable oils
The best options among vegetable oils for healthy and full of vitality hair are argan or coconut. Both provide hydration and help recover lost shine and nourish the hair intensely.
The egg, meanwhile, has all the essential nutrients that your hair needs. Without a doubt, this is one of the best egg hair mask that you can find to nourish the hair in depth!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (28 g)
- 1 egg
- In a bowl put the vegetable oil of your choice.
- Pour the egg and beat well to mix.
- Apply to all hair, including roots and ends.
- Wait 25 minutes and then remove with water.
- Wash as usual with shampoo and conditioner.
3. Egg mask, oil, and mustard
If you have hair growth problems, this will be one of your favorite egg hair masks. The proteins of the yolk white and biotin are added with the nutrients of the oil and mustard. These elements increase blood circulation in the area and, therefore, growth.
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (other options are almond oils, grape seeds or jojoba) (42 g)1 tablespoon mustard powder (10 g)
- 3 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- Put the mustard powder in a cup and hydrate it with warm water.
- Break the egg in the bowl and mix well.
- Add the oil you have chosen and stir it so that everything is integrated.
- Apply to the scalp and hair roots (not the length or the ends).
- Let it act for about 5 minutes (normally, you begin to feel the heat rising in the head)
- Remove the mask with water.
- Wash with shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this treatment once a week for a month and a half to see results.
4. Egg and vinegar mask
You can use this mask as a deep conditioner every time you wash your head. Also, it is a cheaper and healthier alternative to products sold in stores. It has no side effects, beyond a slight vinegar aroma, and is completely homemade.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- ½ tablespoon honey (12 g)
- 3 drops of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot water (10 ml)
- In a small cup, beat the egg yolk.
- Add the vinegar, honey, and oil.
- Mix everything very well while adding the hot water.
- When you have obtained a mask consistency, stop beating.
- Moisten the hair and distribute the mixture well on the scalp.
- Allow it to penetrate well for about 20 minutes and then rinse with hot water.
5. Egg and avocado mask
Avocado essential oils are very beneficial for the health of your hair. If we add the properties of the egg to that, you will realize why it is so effective. Do not hesitate to try this mask!
- 1 avocado
- One egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (14 g)
- Open the avocado in half and remove the pulp, which you will place in a bowl.
- Add the egg and the tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Beat well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply to the hair, but especially to the scalp.
- To make the treatment even more effective, wrap the hair in a hot, damp towel.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and remove with warm to hot water.
You May Read : Benefits Of Ginger In Hair