Many times we resort to cosmetics that do not stand out for being especially cheap for the care of our skin. However, there are different products that we can find in any home and, in addition to being economical, they are also characterized by being natural so they will always be less aggressive to the face than many creams, especially those that contain too many chemical ingredients.
Among the most popular natural treatments today we find the egg and honey facial mask. Both ingredients stand out for their great richness in vitamins and minerals, which make the home treatment contain various properties for skincare. Therefore, in the following article of a COMO, we will talk about both the benefits and the elaboration of the egg mask and honey for the face. Try it at home and it looks bright and healthy skin without resorting to more expensive treatments.
Properties Of The Egg For The Skin
The egg is a food that is known for its high protein content, but it is also rich in other nutrients such as fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants. Thanks to this nutritional richness, the egg has the following properties and benefits for the care of our skin :
Highly nutritious: thanks to its fatty acid content, the egg is an excellent remedy for dry and dull skin since it nourishes them deeply, considerably improving their appearance.
Whiten the skin: due to its richness in antioxidants, this food has bleaching properties that reduce facial blemishes unifying skin tone.
It acts as an exfoliant: it’s content in vitamins (especially in E) and minerals, gives it excellent exfoliating properties that eliminate dead cells accumulated in the facial skin. As a result, the skin looks more radiant and soft.
Astringent properties: this is one of the most prominent properties, and above all, it is found in the composition of egg white. With the contribution of this part, you can prevent wrinkles and open pores.
It has antibacterial properties: the egg is also a recommended option for oily skin since its antibacterial power manages to eliminate the accumulation of sebum and other dirt from the pores of the skin thus preventing conditions such as acne.
Properties Of Honey For The Face
Honey is a natural product widely used as an ingredient in different cosmetics because it has a high content of enzymes, vitamins, and minerals, which gives the following skin properties:
Exfoliating properties: thanks to its richness in fructose and glucose, honey acts as a good scrub that eliminates the accumulation of dead skin cells on the face.
Nutritive properties: due to the contribution of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes, honey is ideal for those skins that look dry and dull because it helps keep it soft and radiant.
Moisturizing properties: honey is also an ideal product for dehydrated faces as it helps them both absorb and maintain moisture in the skin.
Astringent properties: honey can also be an excellent option for oily and acne-prone skin since it favors the removal of impurities and prevents the accumulation of bacteria in the skin.
Egg And Honey Face Mask Step By Step
Now that you know some of the properties and benefits of these natural products, below we will explain how to make an egg and honey face mask :
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preparation And Treatment
- Open an egg and then beat it in a bowl with the help of a fork or some rods until it is well beaten and liquid.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of honey in the same bowl and stir the ingredients again so that a fairly creamy paste is left. You already have the egg and honey face mask ready.
- With a clean face, apply the remedy all over your face giving a gentle circular massage so that it penetrates the skin better.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and then remove the product with plenty of warm water.
- After removing the mask, use a moisturizer on the face.
Use this remedy 2 times a week for a firm and smooth face.
Other recipes with egg and honey for the face: masks and scrubs
In addition to the previous mask, we can also use some of the following recipes with egg and honey for the face:
Egg, Honey And Sugar Scrub
- In this case, you will have to beat an egg and then add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Stir the ingredients well until you get a fairly thick scrub.
- Now apply it on the face making circular movements and let it rest on the skin 5 minutes.
- Finally, remove it with plenty of warm water.
- Here you can see more about How to make scrubs with honey.
Egg white, honey, and lemon acne mask
- To prepare this remedy you will have to separate the yolk from an egg and beat its white until something foamy.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of honey and a little lemon juice and stir the ingredients until they are well integrated.
- Apply the mask emphasizing the affected areas and then let it act for 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove it with plenty of warm water.
Learn how to make an egg mask for acne in this other article to have more options if you suffer from this problem.
Egg white, honey and chamomile mask for spots
- Separate the yolk of an egg and beat its egg white.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of honey and 5 tablespoons of chamomile infusion and remove everything so that it integrates well.
- Apply the mask on the face (especially on the spots). let it act for 20 minutes and then remove it with warm water.
You also Read More Article about Skin Care : 4 Recipes With Black Tea To Improve Your Skin