The eel, grape and smoked salad surprises with its showy presentation . Between the color of smoked salmon and tuna and purple and green grapes, together with the white of eels, it is a very colorful dish. Gulas are a substitute for elvers, the fingerlings of eels, which, due to the high prices they had in the markets and for fear that they would be exhausted by incessant fishing, has become fashionable since the 90s in our country.
The taste of gluttony closely resembles that of elvers and they are made with pollock-based surimi a fish similar to cod, but also with Polish hake, hoiki, itoyori or others. Surimi in Japanese means “minced fish muscle”; In other words, gluttony is a minced and pressed mixture of fish. Its nutritional values are very high, as they are pure fish protein, digestible and 100% assimilable.
Gluttonies are increasingly present in our kitchens for their affordable prices . Even the most fashionable and protein-based diets. they use them a lot in their menus. It is convenient to indicate that the word “gluttony” comes from the first company that investigated, produced and commercialized this food, being gluttony a registered and commercial term.
- 200 grams of assorted green leaves
- 200 grams of gulas
- 100 grams of smoked salmon
- 100 grams of smoked tuna
- 150 grams of grapes (half green and half purple)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to prepare a gulas, grapes and smoked salad:
- Wash the green leaves very well and drain them . Reserve.
- Cut salmon and tuna into thin, small strips.
- Peel and cut the grapes in half and remove the seeds.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients: the leaves, the smoked meats, the eel and the grapes. Stir well .
- In a jar with a lid prepare the vinaigrette: one part of vinegar for three of oil, salt and pepper. Shake well to bond .
- Pour the vinaigrette into the salad and stir to integrate well .
The gulas, grapes and smoked salad is best eaten right away. It is very refreshing and extremely nutritious. You can serve it alone as a starter, or as a main dish at a dinner, because it is light. A white wine fits perfectly.