These Easter Donuts are perfect for these days. One way to create a traditional dessert that will delight the whole family. There are many ways to prepare them, we can fry them or make them in the oven, but the end is always the same, with a good coating of sugar. The dough is the maximum expression of a piece of pastry, flour egg and yeast, flavored with orange juice and a little sunflower oil. If you want to start these holidays enjoying an extraordinary homemade sweet, take note of this Easter donut recipe.
- 450 gr of flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 egg
- 100 ml of water
- 90 gr of sugar
- 50 ml of orange juice
- 50 ml of sunflower oil
- Sugar to decorate
- We heat the glass of water in a saucepan or in the microwave . When it is hot we put it in a bowl and add the yeast, it is important that it is not very hot. This ingredient will be the one that will help us to have more spongy and bigger donuts.
- Stir well to incorporate a pinch of salt, flour and sugar . In this step we can use the electric or manual rods so that everything is well incorporated.
- We continue adding the sunflower oil without stopping stirring, the orange juice and the egg. We can use an olive oil if we like more, it is a good option that will give a more intense flavor to these donuts.
- When the dough is very compact we will begin to work it on a smooth surface, previously floured. We will extend it with a roller. We will give it a rectangle shape so that we can cut it better in a donut shape.
- You can use molds or a glass of the appropriate size . You only have to make a hole in the center to make them perfect. The important thing is that it has a beautiful donut shape, considering that it will increase in size when fried.
- We prepare the pan with a good amount of oil . We wait until it is very hot to start frying the donuts. When they are golden, drain them and place them in a source with absorbent paper so that they eliminate the excess oil.
- Finally, we will sprinkle with the sugar and a little cinnamon . We will have some delicious and simple traditional donuts. With a little sweet wine or a cup of coffee the after-dinner table during these days will be incredible.