Couscous with mushrooms is a nutritious dish, quick to make and very tasty. Ideal for a complicated day, with little time to spend on the menu. After enjoying this delicious food, the energies come back renewed. Couscous is a staple food in certain regions of Africa; it is durum wheat semolina processed or precooked in the form of tiny pellets or grains that are easily hydrated. It is eaten accompanied by various vegetables, meat, chicken or fish. Couscous was brought to Europe by the French, and later became popular around the world. It offers a lot of performance and is healthy, that’s why it’s so appreciated. In addition, it combines with countless other ingredients; With it you can prepare a gourmet dish or a simple dish, always full of flavor.
A bowl of couscous with mushrooms contains the amount of nutrients the body needs . It is a source of minerals such as selenium, an excellent antioxidant to take care of the cardiovascular system, since it eliminates cholesterol that damages the arteries. It also provides vitamin E, folic acid and vitamin C. These compounds help strengthen defenses and act as powerful anticancer agents. Couscous is low in calories, but produces a feeling of satiety, mushrooms collaborate with quality proteins. The recipe does not have any ingredients of animal origin, so it can be consumed by vegetarians without problem.
- 200 gr of couscous
- 150 gr of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300 ml of vegetable broth
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Virgin olive oil
How to prepare couscous with mushrooms:
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms and drain.
- Then cut them into thin sheets.
- Chop the onion and the garlic cloves.
- Heat a frying pan with three or four tablespoons of oil.
- Fry the onion. when it is transparent, add the garlic and the mushrooms.
- Sauté until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous.
- To do this, heat the broth in a pot. When it starts to boil, add the couscous in the form of rain, stirring so that there are no lumps.
- Put out the fire and let the couscous absorb all the liquid. For approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix the already hydrated couscous with the sofrito. Add salt, and if necessary add a splash of oil.
- Rectify the point of salt.
- Serve the couscous with mushrooms hot.
When you have the right time, remember the recipe for couscous with mushrooms. Nothing richer, healthier and faster to do. You can include a vegetable that you like.