This confinement recipe for Melon Sushi with Iberian Ham mixes the best of the East and West. Savoring a unique combination of flavors and ingredients involves merging various recipes. This confinement offers us an opportunity to experiment with food, it is time to give it a greater role, to experiment and to enjoy. A classic like melon with ham will have a good traveling companion, a sushi rice that we can use in countless recipes. If you want to enjoy a simple preparation and an impressive flavor, take note of this sushi.
- 4 slices of Iberian ham
- 1 slice of melon
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- Vinegar to dress the rice
How to prepare melon sushi with Iberian ham
- Preparing a good rice is the base of any oriental dish. The sushi is usually seasoned with vinegar to give it that unique flavor they possess.
- We will use a quality rice that matches the other ingredients in the recipe. We are going to wash it a little earlier so that usually has part of its starch and we are left with a much lighter rice.
- As if it were a paella, we put a part of rice, for two of water . Ideally, the rice should absorb all the water and be perfect.
- When we have the rice ready we drain it and let it marinate with a little vinegar. Sushi rice is not overcooked or overcooked, the point of the rice is essential.
- We prepare a sushi mat . We spread the mat. For traditional sushi we would put a sheet of nori seaweed, in this case the ham will be the protagonist.
- A good Iberico ham will be the one that makes the difference of this easy to prepare delicacy. We spread it well on the mat.
- When it is ready we place the rice on top . We will distribute it well until it is perfectly covered.
- We will lack the star ingredient, the melon . We peel a piece of melon and cut it into sticks of the same size.
- We place the sticks on top of the rice . Well distributed, on the one hand, since we will have to roll up the mat.
- We roll up the mat and make a roll as compact as possible. With a knife we cut until we have ready some melon makis with ham, perfect for any appetizer or special dinner.
- We can serve this delight with some dumplings and create the ideal dinner or snack food for these days of confinement. We will only have to try them.