Being at home means having time to explore a whole universe of flavors. Homemade chocolate and vanilla custard are a spoon dessert that will take us back in time. Those days when the important thing was to enjoy the games and the joy. Buying the custard already ready in the supermarket is a serious mistake, making them is so simple and they are so extremely good, that from now on they will be 100% homemade. Dare to create your special versions of vanilla and chocolate custard, a basic that will serve to sweeten this forty.
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence or 1 vanilla bean
How to prepare homemade chocolate and vanilla custard
- Custard is one of the easiest desserts to make and always looks amazing. We will never buy or make them again with those powders that are not known what they are made of.
- With only milk, sugar and cornstarch a spoon dessert of which they fall in love is created. The difference for them to be chocolate or vanilla will be to put this ingredient with milk. We can divide the milk and make half the face, they will be delicious.
- We get to work with the milk that will be the base of these custard. We add a good amount of sugar to them. We can make them lighter by adding brown sugar or some natural sweetener.
- We heat until the sugar melts and is perfectly integrated in the milk. We sift cornstarch and cocoa this way we will not have any lumps. With a strainer we sift and reserve in a bowl.
- We incorporate little by little without removing the cocoa . It will give the essential color of chocolate custard to this mix. We can use any type of cocoa including breakfast.
- We add cornstarch that will thicken the custard to give it that smooth texture that conquers the first tablespoon.
- We put the custard in glasses and let them take on texture as they cool in the fridge. It’s that easy to have a homemade dessert.
- To make them vanilla, we add the vanilla essence or the vanilla seeds in case of having a pod with the milk. The amounts are the same, except for this detail. We can make mixed custard and put vanilla ones on top of the chocolate ones.
- We decorate with a little grated coconut, whipped cream some nuts, a touch of cinnamon, the possibilities are almost endless with a dessert that always triumphs.