These Healthy Squid are an incredible choice for a Friday of confinement. Enjoying that crunchy touch that we can complement with a light sauce or giving it a citrus touch with a splash of lemon will make the day go by much faster. The battered squids are a classic cover that we usually have already ready, but nothing compares to a homemade one. If we are looking for that healthy batter easy to prepare to give us a little joy these days, take note of this recipe, it is very simple and can be applied to all batters.
- Squid rings
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- Spices (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
How to prepare healthy squid rings in Roman style
- This recipe for squid a la romana can be extended to all batters. There are several ways to get a good result in a pan or in the oven. Before choosing the method, we get down to business with the ingredients.
- We will use some squid rings that we can have in the freezer. We will let them thaw and start preparing the batter.
- One of the tricks to make them healthier is to eliminate the yolk. We are left with only the whites they are pure protein, like squid, which will hardly give us fat.
- We can put an egg in the case of not needing to completely eliminate the fat. We beat well until we get this first piece of the batter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The other star ingredient in this recipe is panko . This Japanese batter flour is much healthier than conventional breadcrumbs, we can make it at home or buy it ready. In case of not having, some oatmeal or corn flakes can help us achieve a happy ending.
- To give it more flavor we can add some spices to taste . A touch of garlic will not hurt either or a little onion powder, it is a matter of adapting the batter to what we like. We can not put any spice and make them with nothing.
- We pass the squid over the egg and the panko . If we use a frying pan 18 centimeters in diameter we put a tablespoon of oil. It is the right amount to fry without excesses.
- If we want to make them lighter we place them on a baking sheet lined with vegetable paper so that they do not stick. Bake at 180º for a few minutes until golden. We will have the final homemade cover ready.