There are some mythical dishes that represent the family and comfort body and mind in difficult times, this is the case of this pork rib stew the grandmother . This slow-cooked delight makes meats melt in your mouth in a perfect blend of ingredients. One of the most classic, in addition to beef, is the pork rib. This meat becomes the protagonist of a dish that you fall in love with. The fat and intense flavor of the pig comes into contact with a thick broth that has majestic flavors. Dare to try this culinary wonder.
- 1 kg pork rib
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ glass white wine
- 2 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 little saffron to give color
How to make a grandma’s pork rib stew
- For this recipe we will use a pork rib or any part of this animal that we want to incorporate. A little blood sausage or bacon can go a long way to give it a little flavor.
- We prepare the pot with a little oil. The first ingredient to take action will be this pork rib, we will brown it little by little until it is perfectly sealed .
- Peel and finely chop the onion . We repeat the operation with the 4 garlic cloves, we can add less if we don’t like this ingredient too much.
- We continue with the green pepper . We remove the seeds and cut it very finely so that it is integrated into this incredible homemade stew.
- We incorporate these cut vegetables to the pork rib that we have on the fire. At that time we will season to taste and we will add the two tablespoons of paprika.
- We put a bay leaf to give it that intense flavor that this ingredient offers. Grate a little tomato to incorporate it into the sauce. We add the glass of wine. We will let the alcohol evaporate and provide that fruity flavor.
- We peel the potatoes and cut them into tacos of the same size. Add the potatoes to the rest of the ingredients.
- We cover this stew with water . We will rectify salt and pepper so that these ingredients are cooked over low heat and with great love.
- Saffron will give it the mythical color of this stew. Cover and let the potatoes cook for about 15 minutes depending on the size of the pieces they can be before or after. We prepare the bread and enjoy a stew with Grandma’s.