Confinement forces you to leave your home as little as possible, but that doesn’t mean we should give up the best restaurant recipes. A canned mussels risotto will help us enjoy a very special first course. Canned mussels s can not only serve us as an aperitif or vermouth to help us spend those days at home, they can be the base of a rice that will impress. A butter-based creamy risotto that can be accompanied by a fresh lambrusco or a beer. Dare to try this delicious easy to prepare and delicious.
- 2 cans of mussels in brine
- 300 gr of rice
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablet of fish stock or ¾ l of fish stock
- ½ glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of butter
How to prepare a canned mussel risotto
- Knowing how to cook a good risotto is a way of surviving any confinement, thanks to a plate of rice with simple ingredients that will seem like something out of the best Italian restaurant in town.
- We get down to work by peeling the onion and garlic . We will cut these ingredients very finely to start poaching them.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of butter in the pan . When it is melted, add the onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste and wait for them to be tender. These ingredients will form the basis of the risotto.
- When the onion and garlic are tender, we add the rice . To achieve the ideal result, the quality of the rice is a key factor. We will seal the grain by sautéing it for a few minutes with the onion and garlic.
- After about 3 minutes, add the glass of wine . We wait for the alcohol to evaporate a little before adding the fish stock. If we have broth we can use it or, failing that, the same amount of water with a tablet of fish broth.
- It is not necessary to add more salt, the concentrated broth usually has a good quantity. We let the rice cook until it has almost absorbed all the water. It will take about 25 minutes to be ready.
- When about 5 minutes are left, drain the mussels in a can and distribute them over the rice. We can add an extra touch of creaminess by adding another tablespoon of butter and a little grated Parmesan.
- In this simple way, we will have a confined canned mussels risotto ready. Easy, delicious and with a texture that will brighten our day . Dare to try it is a true wonder.