Among the confinement recipes, an exceptional cover could not be missing, some battered tin cockles . Although we have been locked up for several days, today is Friday. Going out for a beer after work and enjoying a delicious tapa is ruled out, but we can still have a good time with an impressive bite. The cockles that vermouth or recurring appetizer, just opening and dressing it can make us smile. We will give it a finish worthy of a select product, everything that has a good batter is better and the cockles are no exception.
- 1 can of cockles
- 1 lemon
- Cornstarch flour
- Olive Oil
How to prepare battered cockles
- Everything that has a batter is delicious and the cockles if they are already delicious with this minimal cooking will be scandalous. We will use some natural cockles so that we have a much tastier dish.
- We open the can and drain the cockles . We wash them well so that they fit us perfectly. We can throw the juice directly, we will not use it.
- We dress the cockles with a splash of half a lemon and place on absorbent paper to remove excess liquid. They must be as dry as possible so that the batter is impregnated.
- For the batter we are not going to use egg, with good quality flour in this case of cornstarch we are going to make a kind of tempura that will be impressive.
- Mix a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch with cold water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The dough should be thick, with sufficient capacity to adhere well to the cockles.
- The cockles can be of various sizes if we like the little ones to make this cover we can use a skewer or a toothpick.
- We nail all the cockles that can fit us on the stick. We go through the batter and start frying with plenty of oil.
- One of the keys to an ideal batter is that the oil is very hot . In this way we will be able to prepare them more quickly and they will cook evenly.
- As we have the cockles well battered we put them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- We prepare the presentation we can accompany them with lemon wedges or a simple sauce. Encourage us to make a homemade mayonnaise or a tartar sauce if we have the time and the will.
- Serving this wonder with a fresh beer from the fridge is one of those Friday delights that we should not miss out on for anything in the world.